GraySquare Shares with Do Hoang
Happy Valentine’s Day World!
As a Campaign Director here at GraySquare, my role is to help our company and clients grow in every aspect possible. Whether it is to increase sales in order for our clients to have more market share in each region, to expanding their territory nationally, and also developing more partners internally into Management. This allows both our clients and employees to grow hand in hand. There are three main areas which I focus my time in as a Campaign Director here at GraySquare: Sales Training, Leadership Development, and Business Development. We are a “People helping People business” which brings me to why I chose the Marketing and Sales industry to build my career around. As a graduate of the University of Maryland, I graduated with a degree in Sports Science. Similar to a lot of college graduates, I chose to get involved in an industry unrelated to my degree. I chose Marketing because it allowed growing as an Entrepreneur. The opportunity to grow based on my results, getting hands on training and development, and the culture is what made me start in the industry.
In the spirit of Valentine’s day, Iʼd like to share some thoughts on why everyone should date a Salesperson:
- Listening Skills: the best salespeople know that you have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listening is a skill that the best salespeople have developed and embraced, and who wouldnʼt to date someone who is a great listener?
- Job Security: while some sales jobs may have a high turnover rate, salespeople can get jobs easier than anyone else out there. Every company has a sales force, and salespeople are always in demand, with a transferable set of skills that can bring home the bacon.
- Thick Skin: constantly dealing with rejection gives salespeople some pretty thick skin, and the ability to tolerate criticism. You can date a salesperson without having to worry about then taking offense to every little thing, or being overly sensitive for no reason.
- Compromise: putting together a deal takes compromise, and the ability to emphasize with a customerʼs needs. This can be a great quality in a mate, since lasting relationships take work and compromise, not just pushing your own agenda on the person youʼre with.
- They can be high earners: not all salespeople make a lot of money, but many do. Sales is a unique profession in which your income is determined by your efforts, which allows hard workers to make hundreds of thousands of dollars without having to get an advanced degree.
- No Games: salespeople spend their days chasing clients and customers, so when theyʼre dating, the last thing in the world they want to do is play games and chase someone around. They want someone who will actually call them back when theyʼre going to, unlike their prospects at work.
- There is a lot to pick from: thereʼs an estimated 13 million people in the US in sales. This means that the potential dating pool of salespeople is enormous, and who wouldnʼt want more options in their love life. LOAs just like sales.
- Personality: unlike engineers and scientists, salespeople almost have pleasant personalities and excellent communication skills, something most people say they look for in a significant other. If youʼre looking for someone dull, stay away from almost anyone who works in sales.
- They donʼt have time to cheat: we canʼt go as far as saying that unlike every other profession salespeople never cheat, but they are likely to have less time to do it than many other professions. Salespeople work long, and strange hours to make things happen, so when they say theyʼre stuck at the office, theyʼre probably telling the truth.
- They can make you feel better: all salespeople are taught to create value for their customers, and the best sales reps not only create value, but they also create trust in prospects and know how to make their clients feel better. If youʼre stressed out, to coming home from a long day at work, thereʼs no doubt that if anyone can cheer you up and make you feel better about things, itʼll be a salesperson.
These are my top 10 reasons why everyone should date a Salesperson. So whether you are in a relationship or single, try and take these thoughts into consideration on this day of love and be a better Cupid!